Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Has anyone used plastic paint on outdoor playgrounds or toys, like the Little Tikes kind? Problems? Results?

I have several outdoor toys that are all that plastic-type stuff: playground, 6 ride-ons, 5 power-wheels, slides, toyboxes, etc.


I'd like to know:





* what you used to repaint?,( Krylon Fusion??),


*did you prime anything?,


*were there any problems when applying it?,


*did it go a long way or did you need to buy way too many cans?


*were you satisfied with the finished result?


*did it last or is it already wearing off again?





Thanks everybody.Has anyone used plastic paint on outdoor playgrounds or toys, like the Little Tikes kind? Problems? Results?
I have bought Several Little Tikes Items for my Son at Garage sales and on Craigs list for Cheap because they were faded.


I use the Krylon Fusion paint on them and it works wonderful! But you need to clean it really good first. It says on the can to use an Amonia based cleaner on weathered plastic.


First I Break out the hose(or take to the car wash) and scrub it off real good using a stiff brush and soap. After it dries I use the Amonia cleaner and a stiff brush to clean it. Make sure you get it as clean as possible. I also sometimes use a scotchbrite pad with the Amonia base cleaner.


After it dries it is ready to paint!


Like I said I use the Krylon Fusion and do light coats so it doesn't build up too thick and run.


You don't need a primer since this paint is made for the plastic.


I used it on our Little tikes rocket slider and it took 1 1/2 cans of red to do the dome and slide.


I also did out little tikes Dumptruck sand box. It turned out Awesome! I did some customizing with the paint. Wish I could post you a picture. It is holding up Very Well!


Been on there over a year and still looks great!


I'm very Satisfied.


The keys in the Prep! Remember that.


Thanks!Has anyone used plastic paint on outdoor playgrounds or toys, like the Little Tikes kind? Problems? Results?
Krylon Fusion is the only paint that I've found that would stick to the Power Wheels car that my son has. We got it at a garage sale and much like the answer above mine, we washed it thoroughly. Light coats are the key in order to give it a great look. Good luck
sorry haven't used none of those!!
Krylon makes a special paint for plastics. It's a spray paint and works great...but, make sure what you are painting is really clean. I'd use a Mr. Clean heavy duty magic eraser to clean it really good. The paint goes a long way and bonds well to the plastic. It's also water clean up before it dries and once dry, what ever you paint wipes clean too.

No comments:

Post a Comment