Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where can i buy outdoor acrylics to paint large mural?

i paint indoor murals and have recently painted an outdoor mural in gloss paint but iam wanting to paint in acryliics, the only outdoor acrylics i can find are sold in very small quantities can you help (the cheaper the better)?Where can i buy outdoor acrylics to paint large mural?
Use a good company waterbased house paint- I like satin myself. Make sure your base/primer is good and liquid sandpaper works great as an adhesion if your working on an older paint surface etc. I also use a anti-graffiti clearcoat over the top. They run about 30-40.00 a gallon and go really far. I only used 1/3 of a gallon when I did an 11x20 foot Ballwall at the local elementary. Sherwin-willaims,Dunn-Edwards etc. carry them. Kilz is a good base coat (available at Lowes, Home Depot,Walmart even, and they have many colors plus they come in those nice newer plastic containers,so much easier than cans. 10-QT/15-20.00 Gallon. You can inter mix with the smaller paints for odd colors. The ceramacoat Patio Paint does great. I've even done a hop scotch on cement and its held up for 4 years....GOOD LUCK! PS--check the paint ';seconds'; that are mis-mixed at the paint store or section, they will sell them to you for about 3-6.00 a gallon to get them off their hands, and many times I get them donated.Where can i buy outdoor acrylics to paint large mural?
Like those warehouses, where they sell wood, and D.I.Y. stuff.
I think Homebase or B%26amp;Q is probobly your best option. If you are going to art shops for the paint then they will only sell the smaller quantities your have mentioned. Remember that whatever paint you use the surface you are painting on has to be strong, dry and clean and that the weather will distress it with time. Good luck!
just go to home depot and get basic latex paint, have them mix it for you. its cheap and pretty good quality. that way you get plenty of paint for a low cost.
I've painted many outdoor murals in New Mexico and beleive it or not I use regular house painters acrylic (semi-gloss or flat latex). This paint doesn't require an over coat, can be mixed for more colors and lasts along time. Sometimes you can buy it cheap from hardware stores that have had paint returned. I have even found partial cans in thrift stores and garage sales. Sometimes friends have given me their leftovers from home decor projects.
  • dry hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment