Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Prepare Outdoor Shead for Painting?

I have an outdoor shead which I need to paint. What steps should I take before actually painting and what kind of paint should I use?Prepare Outdoor Shead for Painting?
1st power wash it clean , use a product called ';Jomax'; it will remove any mildew %26amp; dirt and if you don't have access to a power washer you can use your garden hose, read the directions on the container for instructions. If your shed doesn't have a coating on it now then use a quality solid color stain, stick with stains on new wood because your prep work in the future will be minamal, I like the acrylic solid stains and have very good luck (2 coats in 20 yrs) on sheds. If it does have a coating again stick with the acyrlic paints, Good luck Les the painterPrepare Outdoor Shead for Painting?
Just paint it with exterior paint. It will cover a multitude of problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment