Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I've never spraypainted before. What paint should I use on outdoor walls for designs? Any tips???

It's for a project I've been commissioned to do by my school. I'm painting an entire wall with my designs, but I'm mostly a paint and canvass person. I've never touched a spraypaint bottle, but they want me to do this. Help???I've never spraypainted before. What paint should I use on outdoor walls for designs? Any tips???
It's going to depend on what type of material the wall you are spraypainting is made of. If it's just plywood or regular drywall then any hardware store should have basic spraypaints that will work on either type of surface. And if this is something that will need to be used for a long period of time then i would strongly suggest priming the wall first (it helps the paint stick better). Aside from that if you aren't sure what to do about designs then I'd give stencils a try- they'll keep things clean-cut and they're pretty easy to use.I've never spraypainted before. What paint should I use on outdoor walls for designs? Any tips???
good luck, I'd suggest you buy some tips for the spray cans, the ones that come with it spray very broadly and it is hard to make a line or shape let alone outline or detail. Try angling the can or practice first.

No comments:

Post a Comment