Sunday, February 21, 2010

What kind of paint should be used on tile for an outdoor table?

I am having second graders each paint a tile, which will then be put onto an iron table with a wood top. I do not have a kiln. I would like to use a paint that will withstand weather.


What paint would be best?


What type of sealer should I use?


Can I tile directly onto the wood top?


Someone told me I should bake the painted tiles in my oven, should I?


Please help, this project is for a school auction. Thanks.


- craft impairedWhat kind of paint should be used on tile for an outdoor table?
I would call your local Michael's or other large craft store and ask them for help. There are special paints you can bake in an ordinary oven - some you cannot! You will definitely have to apply a sealer.What kind of paint should be used on tile for an outdoor table?
go to michaels and get the paints made for glass and tiles, and yes i think you cure them in an oven, the instructions on the bottle will tell you, you can stick them right on the wood i would think sealer,,,,,,, well i really dont know with that process, if you get the 50 coat sealer it might work but you would have to read the label, its a pour on clear plastic sort of coating, really you should have gone for finding a ceramics shop and have done it right, but this is the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment