Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am looking for a paint color that would look good cherry woodwork. I'm trying for an outdoor look. HELP ME!!

I'm trying to paint my living room. My living room has original woodwork that is a dark cherry. I tried a red color and hated it. I've decided to try an outdoor, wooded kind of look but I don't know what color would look right. I really don't want to paint the woodwork, I love the look of it. My floors are also dark wood. I'm stumped and need help.I am looking for a paint color that would look good cherry woodwork. I'm trying for an outdoor look. HELP ME!!
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I can relate to your situation because I also have dark wood trim in my home %26amp; I did a cabin/lodge/Northern Exposure type of decor. I painted my living room/dining room ';Nomadic Desert'; (# 6107), and then I have dark wood accent furniture, a chili pepper red rug, buffalo plaid seating, heaps of plants %26amp; artwork featuring moose %26amp; bears %26amp; eagles %26amp; other outdoor scenes.





You can also take a photo of your room %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.I am looking for a paint color that would look good cherry woodwork. I'm trying for an outdoor look. HELP ME!!
A soft yellow beige (think unfinished raffia or wicker) would be a warm traditional combo or you could use a cool bluish gray that would be great with modern elements. (Stacked stone or slate accents will make it more organic) Keep to the lighter end of the paint chip and choose slightly less ';bright '; shades of these colors to keep it more sophisticated. Lighten floors with a sisal or more traditional throw rug.
I like a butter yellow with cherry woodwork, but if you want an outdoors look, try a light sage green. Go to this site and consider ';Lantern Light'; or '; Majolica Green';. Good luck!


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/
a nice light green or a dark hunter green would look really cool. i wold prefer the dark but im not into light colors. good luck!!
A nice greenish gray is pretty with cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment