Sunday, February 21, 2010

What do I use to paint & refinish an outdoor polyresin plastic decoration? Want to change it from gray to pink

First 2 are clues, but for longevity in a finish, I'd use an epoxy based paint.





Resin furniture, especially kept outdoors, degrades over time. Yes you should lightly sand any roughness or powdering areas, yes you should CLEAN it with a non greasy, not detergent, soulution that will not leave a residue. Yes you should paint it outside, with no wind blowing. Yes you should allow it to cure for recommended time periods. Yes you should realize that it too, once refinished, will still be subjected to the environment.





Rev. StevenWhat do I use to paint %26amp; refinish an outdoor polyresin plastic decoration? Want to change it from gray to pink
I'd sand it lightly (very lightly), and then two light coats of spray enamel. There is no reason to use a primer on a a resin surface if it's rough.What do I use to paint %26amp; refinish an outdoor polyresin plastic decoration? Want to change it from gray to pink
Krylon for plastics would be my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment