Thursday, February 25, 2010

I handpainted w/acrylic paints an outdoor clay pot..What do I final coat it with to protect it from moisture?

A good sealer coat, matt or low-sheen will do. But! do not forget the inside if this is a terra-cotta pot or is low-fired. If you plant anything in it then water will leach out through the pot and lift off your painted design. Two or three coats of the waterproof sealer you use on the outside will do. If there is any chance of water getting into the pot, even just rain still seal it even though you may not use it as a planter.I handpainted w/acrylic paints an outdoor clay pot..What do I final coat it with to protect it from moisture?
Visit this web page. I think you'll find the response in tips and tricks for register users. Enjoy it.


http://www.latelieronline.orgI handpainted w/acrylic paints an outdoor clay pot..What do I final coat it with to protect it from moisture?
Spray several coats of clear spray acrylic paint on your clay pot. Let it dry completely between coats, and spray it on evenly so you don't get run streaks in the clear-coat.
get an outdoor/waterproof sealer from a craft or hardware store

No comments:

Post a Comment