Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What can I do to weather-proof my painted, wood pergola (outdoor structure)?

What can I do to weather-proof my painted, wood pergola (outdoor structure)? Rain pools on the top of the wood. So the paint doesn鈥檛 protect the wood through even one Oregon winter.. Has anyone tried copper tape or some other material on the top surface of the wood? Or is there some type of special paint that would be weather-proof and long-lasting?What can I do to weather-proof my painted, wood pergola (outdoor structure)?
Give the structure a nice new coat of paint and then let it dry. After that, purchase and apply Marine Grade Clear Polyurethane over it. I'm sure you'll be able to find it in Oregon. Interlux make a good 1-part polyurethane that's easy to apply, but if you don't have a marine store near you, here's a link to order it on-line. You won't be disappointed.





http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/sto鈥?/a>





That stuff is great and meant to handle the harshest of conditions. It will last for years and years. Good Luck.What can I do to weather-proof my painted, wood pergola (outdoor structure)?
Have you tried Thompson's Water Seal?
  • dry hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment